Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Canada Post

So I went to the post office today to send a letter to a relative in Hong Kong in-time for Chinese New Year.

The post-woman asked: "What does your envelope contain? It seems a little bulky."
My Reply: "A simple card with pop-out lettering"

PW: "Did you know it is illegal to send money overseas?"
My Reply: "WHAT?!"

PW: "That will be $4.10. Thank you."
My Reply: "WHAT?!"

Clearly I wasn't in the business of anti-money laundering.


Anyways, I hate Canada Post and how they operate. The union is dumb and so is the management which costs the tax payers too much.

1)
To send mail from Canada to Hong Kong, it costs me $4.10 via Canada Post.
To send mail from Hong Kong to Canada, it costs me only $0.39 CAD via Hong Kong Post.
10.5 times the cost because of the f*n unions.

2)
With the price of oil floating around $40 pb, or declined 74% since the high of $147 pb, Canada Post still charges a minimum of 4.5% Fuel Surcharge on their parcel deliveries.

3)
Did you know the price of a local stamp has gone up (again) by two cents to $0.54?! We're in a freak'n recession!

1 comment:

neural_traffic said...

remember when e-cards were the shit? you should bring that back.

by Mr. Ed